Friday, April 3, 2015

A BIG MESS

 I pulled every bin out from under my quilting frame and then cleaned the frame from top to bottom.  It is going to be replaced tomorrow (more on that trip on another post!) with a larger frame and machine that has a 22" throat so I can quilt larger areas (mine now has 9").
 I cleaned the machine and all the accessories and put them in a pile to be ready for my daughter when she comes the end of the month-she is the new owner of my frame!  We will be making a similar mess in her house as we create a sewing room in her basement!
The clutter is almost overwhelming.....
 Then Bill helped me move the frame out of my sewing room....more like I helped Bill move the frame!
Next, I drew, re-drew and then drew again the plan for a new sewing table;  this one for my sewing machine and serger. 
 We bought these shelves-we needed four and they only had two....but this will be how the two ends of the table will look.   The sanded, painted piece of plywood will form the top.
Until we get that far, I am still trying to do a bit of sanity sewing!  (2 more blocks for my RSC15 quilt)

4 comments:

  1. Sometimes when we are in the middle of progress, it certainly doesn't LOOK like progress.

    Hang in there!

    Hope you have a happy Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not a mess... more like, "creative clutter"

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's going to be amazing when you are done. I'm green with envy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isn't it funny how we have to make even more mess to have a good tidy up!?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

PLANS AND REVISIONS

I knit the sleeve (top up) and realized that I would prefer the sleeve line up with the same color of the body. See how the shading of the  ...