Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Blocks and Logs...


 A tree fell in our bamboo grove.  Bill had to cut the dead ones down and then get to the tree.
 Our neighbor came with his grabber attachment that reached in and could 'grab' a bunch of branches at a time;  it was a great time saver!
 It shaped the bamboo area up in good order!  We were afraid the whole grove was dying because of the drought last year but it is budding like mad and looking  like a full recovery is happening!
 I made a log of lavender soap!  It smells so good in here!  I will cut it up tomorrow!
 I am plugging away at the yellow Ohio Stars-only 5 more to go!
 I am halfway done with the lace knit edge for the latest shawl!  I love doing the 20 row repeat, I can do several each evening.

5 comments:

  1. I was looking at that loaf and thinking....mmmmmmm, she made banana bread. I sure would have been in for a surprise!

    I'll bet that soap smells wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so funny, I was going to say the same thing as Dee about the soap, lol! It looks delicious :-D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I ordered my lye today. You inspired me ages ago to make soap and now I'm ready to take the big step into cold process land.
    I can't believe how far you got with the lace. I'm in awe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My kids will be so relieved that the bamboo grove is healthy!

    Here we come...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good to hear the bamboo survived the drought. There really is no stopping you two!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

PLANS AND REVISIONS

I knit the sleeve (top up) and realized that I would prefer the sleeve line up with the same color of the body. See how the shading of the  ...