I pulled the beginner quilt off the frame and ripped out the areas that were unacceptable.
The good news is that with just a few snips, the bobbin thread came right out of the back.
I had a pile of thread but I didn't go crazy pulling out the 9 blocks that were rats nests on the back.
I purchased new bobbins and a new bobbin case for Goliath. The old one had lost his spring and the bobbins were backlashing on me; hence the nests and broken threads. Once I got the right tension on the new bobbin, it worked like a dream! I not only loaded the quilt back on and quilted those blocks, I pulled it off the frame and put the binding on, too!
While my motor skills need work, the machine is humming right along with me not against me any more!
In fact, I loaded this little quilt of Millie's that was languishing in the cache on the frame and finished it for her in no time. It's amazing what you can do when everything is just right.
I even got it done before the Fourth of July! This machine and I are going to get a lot of quilts finished together.......!