Tuesday, April 21, 2015

LUXURY LOTION

 Since beginning my soap adventures, I have taken a bit of a detour into the making of moisturizing lotions.  I use my makeshift double boiler to simmer the oils and green tea.  (recipe at the end of this post!)  After simmering for an hour,
 I pour it into a bowl through some cheesecloth to strain the tea from the oils.
 Carefully pick up the cheesecloth and let all the oil drain out.
 Give the oils a good whip with the stick blender for 4-5 minutes.
 Scrape the bowl down and blend for just a bit to keep that beeswax and cocoa butter in the oils because they want to separate.
 Quickly pour the lotion into containers, place the lids on and
 put them in the fridge for 12 hours!  No, you do NOT have to keep the lotion in the refrigerator but this ensures the mixture will not separate on you.
In the morning, you will have your lotion!  It is so luxurious on your skin!  Give it a try!

RECIPE:
1 C COCONUT OIL
2 TBSP BEESWAX
2 TBSP GREEN TEA (LOOSE)
2 TBSP COCOA BUTTER
1 TBSP SUNFLOWER OIL

This lotion is great for your skin-it is especially kind to your feet-I put lotion on at bedtime for the softest feet ever come morning!  You will feel like you've been to a spa!  Enjoy.

3 comments:

  1. I never did remember to try it when you were at my house -- may I have another chance this next week?! My feet are a mess!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks yummy!
    I just learned the hard way about keeping sugar scrubs in the bathroom. I had an army of ants this morning trying to make off with it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like just the right thing to pamper oneself!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

PLANS AND REVISIONS

I knit the sleeve (top up) and realized that I would prefer the sleeve line up with the same color of the body. See how the shading of the  ...