It is still considered work, even when you are retired. I am after all, still alive!
I dyed a superwash roving and a Cormo roving and hung them out to dry in the sun.
Then the sun turned a bit rainy and Bill rescued them to finish drying in shower!
(I was at the doctor's again because I am addicted to spending hours there every week...!)
I pulled myself out of my comfort zone and tried some different combinations of colors for the roving.
This is the superwash and I will begin the TDF tomorrow with the red/white and blue!
I couldn't resist braiding this when dry-it will be a new series of colorways; this one called Fall: Earth and Sky.
This roving I split already so I can begin right away tomorrow morning!!
(I split the roving because the yarn will be two ply hence, two bobbins of spun singles)
I finished up some more of the Brioche dish cloths, this set for me. My own were looking a bit ratty.
I still do not have a knitting project to allure me at present so I will wait for inspiration to strike while I am spinning during the next few weeks of the race. It's not like I am low on yarn or anything but sometimes, a funk happens.
I know enough to wait it out.
This morning I did another Cormo roving dye batch; this one echoing the one I did yesterday but in lighter colors for Spring: Earth and Sky.
I had enough sunshine to risk hanging these outside this morning to dry!
While the roving was drying, I carded up four ounces of the Florida Gulf Native Sheep fleece I washed earlier in the week. It is very soft which is good because this can be a coarser fiber.
I will leave this natural to go with my other 'natural' wool yarn pile. If the yarn turns out nicely, I will dye some of the remaining fleece.
Today the roving dried in no time! I used very little dye powder to get the pastel colors. This is not my usual color choices but it is so very pretty. It will be a good spin!
Now that I have the fibers all ready for tomorrow, I cut out a lined dress for Marsel.
I made this dress last year and gratefully made all the alterations I needed right on the pattern pieces so all I had to do was lay them out, pin and cut!
I will be sewing it together when I need a spinning break!