Saturday, August 8, 2015

Studio Saturday Pre-Recliner

I started with this little pile of shapes and did a bit of piecing this morning! 
I only need 12 blocks so I am getting close! 
This is a finished project;   
we bought this fabric yesterday and I thought of Will for when he gets a big-boy bed!
I am going to look for more fabric to make pillowcases for the other grands.  I forgot what fun it is to make these! 
Here is another fabric we bought yesterday.  I couldn't wait to turn it into a table runner for Marsel.  I cut out the triangles to make the ends all fancy but it didn't look right.  Then I ripped it all apart and sewed it again!  Fourth time's the charm!  How long have I been sewing?!!!  I blame it on the angles but I have the bugs worked out of this now!  I tried this before but didn't have the patience to work out the problem but I was determined to find the solution today!  Ha!  Conquered! 
I have to work on the backing but that will wait for me!  I ran out of gas! 
I knit the cats some wool mousies to  play with!  Even Big Grey played like a kitten with them! (pattern from Wendy Johnson here)
(I will let you in on the secret ingredient but don't tell Nyki I cheated!) 
One wee sock finished!  It is so soft and just right for his little foot!  Now to find the right spot on the skein to make the second sock!

6 comments:

  1. Good golly....I'm out of breath just reading this. How do you do it? Every project is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That table runner is just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. knitted mousies! My poodle would love these too if they had a squeaker. Do cats like squeakers? The only thing Cole picked out in a store was a boiled wool hat. LeeAnna

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think the grapes would confuse my eyes too. Love the yellows in the quilt

    ReplyDelete
  5. Woohoo -- a treat! Looking forward to putting that on my kitchen table... but no rush, because I have to get it cleaned off first and that may take a while. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Woohoo -- a treat! Looking forward to putting that on my kitchen table... but no rush, because I have to get it cleaned off first and that may take a while. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

A LITTLE OF THIS AND THAT

I finished the mug rugs;  6 of them in fact!  They are 5 x 5".  I am not a coffee or tea drinker but I do like hot chocolate~ I made an...