Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Hatted

So many knit items right off the needle are enough to make you give up knitting.  The art of blocking is just as important as the knitting!  This is the Nepali hat right after I wove in the yarn tails.
Terrible, right?!
This is the Nepali Hat after blocking!  What a difference!
This pattern has intrigued me and intimidated me but no more!
I know its secret and now I can work it out! 
The way the increases and decreases work out, creates a swooped edge that can be fun to arrange.  I put the longer parts over the ears and in the front like a visor.   
It is a soft and comfortable hat; made with handspun Coopworth fingering weight yarn on 
#4 needles. 
Looks kind of groovy, doesn't it?! 
And what do you do when you have finished a great knit?  Cast on a new hat, that's what!

2 comments:

  1. I can't believe you finished it already. I looked at the pattern and said...whoa-that's a brainbuster. Congrats on the finish. It is....groovy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you're right; that hat sure did look unimpressive before blocking! Very cool once it was blocked, though!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

A LITTLE OF THIS AND THAT

I finished the mug rugs;  6 of them in fact!  They are 5 x 5".  I am not a coffee or tea drinker but I do like hot chocolate~ I made an...