Sunday, October 18, 2015

In a Bind Over the Weekend!

I woke up ready to take on the world Saturday morning!  I headed right to the studio before the energy flagged!  First on the list was to complete the You are My Sunshine quilt! 
I quilted it with a sunshine-y pantograph. 
And machine stitched a bumblebee binding in place!
It is a very happy quilt destined to go to the hospital pile.
Which will be delivered tomorrow when we spend the day at Flagler Hospital running tests on Bill's foot.  Deja vu on foot tests.  They are examining him for the return of the bone infection he received from his surgery two years ago! 
Mom gave the go-ahead when I finished quilting her pinwheel quilt to finish the binding, too. 
I machine stitch all my bindings now since I no longer have the coordination for hand sewing! 
But I have worked out a great system and the quilt has a nice finish to it!
No more 'going blind' from blurry vision or stumbling fingers! Yippee. 
I put a label on this one-I don't always do this, unfortunately.
I wanted to note the love that went into this quilt! 
As soon as I finish the binding and take the full photo, (thanks Bill!) I place it in the washer and dryer to give it the instant 'vintage ' look!  I love the way it feels and looks now.  All ready for Mom and Dad to come for the winter!
I put the little tumbler blocks up on the design wall.  I have 5 little charm packs so I split it into 2 equal piles so I would have two quilts. 
I sewed the top two rows together so I could see the size of the central panel once I lost all the 1/4"
seam allowances. 
As soon as I sew this one together and put on the borders, I have this one all ready to go! 
On the knitting needles, another hat with a lace trim border!  

5 comments:

  1. You came back with a vengeance! Love, love, love all the quilts. They are so cheerful and full of sunshine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful quilts! There is something so pretty and so fascinating about quilts and quilting. I am feeling the itch and have a gift-quilt I need to do...now if only I could add an extra day to my week...! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The quilts are all gorgeous! I hope Bill will be feeling better

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awwwwwwwwwwwwww! The little bee binding is so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful quilt work! I love the yellow backing and the tumbler blocks. Bright and fun :) Sending Bill my best.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

FLOWERS ON FRIDAY

But first-yesterday's Shop Hop went well-we discovered a very nice new shop in St Augustine;  always a good find!   What I bought this t...