Friday, January 8, 2016

Settling in at Home

Mom came over today and helped me put away all the Christmas things.  I put a roast in the oven and made some rolls for dinner later to eat at her house when my brother came for a visit.
And then I played a bit with the new Accuquilt die-a clamshell. 
I had a charm pack from Blank in the Sumatra colorway and in keeping with the rainbow theme, I sliced them all up into clam shells! 
I think this is the easy part but tomorrow I will try to piece a row and see how it goes! 
Since these are smaller block, only 4 1/2", I will have to figure out a way to beef up the size.
As the top grows, so will the inspiration;  well that is the plan anyway!
In the afternoon for some down time, I started a KAL from Alana Dakos.  It is a cabled shawl and it is meaty.
Yes, I have several projects on the needles and some are nearing the finish line but I wanted to begin a challenge and I couldn't see any reason to resist!
I am using Artful Yarns Serenade yarn which is mostly Pima cotton (70%) but it is brushed and blended with angora (30%) to make it super soft !  One clue a week will keep it moving along and paced just right!

6 comments:

  1. Mmmmm....those clamshells look delicious!!! I love those batik colorways. I've got quite a stash...gathering dust.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful layout! I hope the sewing part goes well. Those curved seams can be tricky.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous fabrics! I see it as a medallion, building up around it with other shapes or designs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't wait to hear your report on sewing the clamshells...fun or frustrating?! They sure are pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That clamshell is a very interesting shape. I like the rainbow hues.

    Ohhhh.....I bet your house smells wonderful with a roast in the oven. YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the rainbow layout of the clam shells.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

PLANS AND REVISIONS

I knit the sleeve (top up) and realized that I would prefer the sleeve line up with the same color of the body. See how the shading of the  ...