Saturday, April 16, 2016

Hexagon Lap Quilt Work

I used the 5" charm pack by Eleanor Burns, Zoey in Lemon Chiffon to turn into hexagons with the Accuquilt.  After cutting out, I decide to use the sage green to make the triangles in between
the hexagons to make the seven sisters setting. 
I struggled with the right seam allowance to make them fit.  Then I realized I had use the wrong triangle template to cut them out and gratefully , I could trim them to the right size! 
Once they were all trimmed, they went together much easier! 
Because of all the bias edges, I have to use pins and lots of them!
Accurate is better and worth the extra work.  
There is no timeline, right?! 
This shows you how much larger the row is just sewn and the pinning tames those intersections, mostly, and it is okay with me. 
Today's accomplishment!  The yellow is so pretty bouncing between the green! 
Sissy stayed in the studio with me today.  I rarely get pictures of her because she also hates to be in front of the camera.  She jumped out of here after this picture and dug her way into my pantograph cubbie to hide.
And as soon as I tried to sneak over and catch her, she was on the move.
She is on my lap as I write this, purring up a storm!
Time to head to the recliner and some knitting


4 comments:

  1. Love the green and yellow -- nice choice! And hello, Sissy...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thankfully, the triangles were a bit too big. A bit too small would have been a bigger problem.

    Sissy is adorable! It's always good to have a furry companion.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is going to be a sweet little lap quilt. Such happy colors! What a sweet kitty. I love kitties peeking out of boxes.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

GLOWING WORK!

The two layer cake scrambled tops are finished!   The dimensions are 40 50".   I have the backing so they will be heading to the frame ...