There is something to be said for trying a little of everything through the years...
Marsel brought me a bolt of this heavy woven fabric. I knew it would make great rugs but I would need to bind it. I dove into the old woolen rugs bin and I found the rug binding! It worked very easily to bind it and get it in place! I made two rugs and still have enough fabric to make some more cool things!
I added the extra borders to this little clamshell top so I could square it up. Once I finished the top it wasn't square-each side was its own measurement! Not good. Too many bias sides, I figured. The best way to hide the discrepancies is to extend the border and then when you square it up, the slight variation won't show! Nice fix. Now I am ready to add some color!
I ran into a problem with this hexagon quilt...I ran out of the sage green triangle fabric! I was so sure I had counted them out and had it down to the exact number. I was wrong! I am not sure what will happen now. If I had realize I wasn't going to have enough, I would have blended the odd ones throughout the quilt, now they will all fall at the last row and a half. Not good. I will bench it until I can go to JoAnns Fabric to see what is available.