Inspired by the 'pull out old projects' and give them triage priority status', I found this vest my Mom and I worked on last winter! We had each knit a front or back and then I sewed them together and....put it in a basket and forgot about it! Until this weekend when I added the ribbing to the armholes and neck! This morning I blocked it and now it looks and fits beautifully!
I am glad it was resurrected from the languishing pile !
This is the yarn I used, the pattern is one from Classic Elite Yarns called Cheri.
I did a lot of changes, chiefly using stockinette instead of garter for the body of the vest which the pattern calls a tank because it was supposed to be made for Summer with a nice cotton yarn! I also added ribbing instead of an I-cord edging.
The changes worked and as soon as we get some cooler weather, I will be wearing it over a t-shirt!
And to be sure there is something on the needles because empty is bad, I pulled two shades of blue lace yarn from the stash and cast on another Close to Me shawl!
(I know it doesn't look like two blue shades but you will have to trust me until you get to see it in another post!)