Friday, July 7, 2017

A Paw

 The first Tuxie Love sock is finished!
 I chose to duplicate stitch the paw print on the bottom of the toe.
 I had to get my magnifier lamp out-these are tiny stitches!
 I added a center reference point so I could keep my eyes focused on the right rows!
 After three false starts, it came back to me
 and the rhythm of the stitches fell into place!
 I almost despaired, let me tell you!
 I am not thrilled with the look of the inside
 and will do better on the second sock.
I did test wear it and you don't feel any bumps at least!
It is a very cute touch to the sock
 and I think I will make it the same way on the next sock
 but on the NEXT pair, I will try Intarsia knitting to get the job done!

8 comments:

  1. Fantastic! I love the paw print: it's cute and just plain fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. IS this Val's pattern? It is awesome. 4 paws up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this. Can't wait to make some myself! The paw print is just so perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute!!! I just had a terrible experience trying to embroider on knit material. I can't see well enough to keep my place anymore even with the magnifier on super chunky yarn. I think it's my brain and not my eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your duplicate stitch is sooooo much better than mine. You should have seen what mine looked like.

    When I was designing, I was really worried about how it would feel on the toes, but like you I was pleasantly surprised!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My Felix socks! They are awesome!!! ❤️

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

PLANS AND REVISIONS

I knit the sleeve (top up) and realized that I would prefer the sleeve line up with the same color of the body. See how the shading of the  ...