As I approached the finish line for the second pair of the Tuxie Love socks,
I heard that funny voice that whispers...it's awful narrow.
Oh, yeah, what was I thinking?!
I checked the math and the chart-remember,
I was trying to find a way to KNIT in the paw print
on the underside of the toe on toe up socks,
and for some reason I cast on only 56 stitches
which I haven't done on socks with my recent yarns
and my smaller needles for almost a year now!
I ripped it all out.
Even the changes I had made to the chart-
it was all smaller and more delicate-gone!
The additional paw print on the heel-gone.
The pretty ribbing in grey knits and white purls-gone.
BUT I figured out the non-magic loop method for casting on toe-up socks
and then I could easily knit the paw print on the underside of the toe!
I cast on the half of the total number of sock stitches-32 in this instance
and then proceeded to knit a short row heel so to speak!
I was knitting back and forth, so it was simple to knit in the paw print!
When I came back to the other side of the toe,
I merely picked up stitches from the cast on edge and continue in the round now to knit up the foot!
I am thrilled with the updated version-I knew it could be done.
AND if you don't understand a word of what I just said,
just be happy for me that I am successful! lol
Speaking of frogs, I found just the right buttons for this guy's eyes!
The larger buttons are yellow that perfectly match his belly
and the upper black button is faceted to be reminiscent of the old buttons I had to replace.
I am thrilled!
( He just needs the mouth to be stitched on
but I am thinking I will not do that.........those red stitches were kind of creepy!)