Wednesday, July 12, 2017

Scrubby Yarn

                                                               
The boys' Mom made them wash cloths from a yarn she discovered 
just for that purpose. 
 (There is a place for polyester, sometimes!) 
 After I went to the eye dr yesterday,
 I ran some errands as long as I was in town.
I picked up some of the yarn to give it a try. 
(WalMart price here was $3.98 a skein-
there is only 78 yards in a skein
 but it looks like I can get two cloths from each skein.)
  It isn't too awful on your hands while knitting and I know that after use,
 it gets even softer but with teeth to make a great washcloth! 
 Perfect. 
 I knit up a simple garter diamond one. 
 The second one is on the needles!
 Speaking of discovery-this lily is a complete surprise to us.  It has never bloomed before but the 12" of rain we have been blessed with this last month must have awakened it!
It is stunning!  And there are two blooms-very large blooms;  the plant stands just over 2' tall and the blooms are the size of salad plates!  Incredible!  
(No aroma, unfortunately!)

8 comments:

  1. What an interesting and amazing plant! Wow!! I saw that yarn the other week when I was in Joann's, but was wondering how hard it would be to knit...so I didn't get any (plus I have a ton of cotton for dish cloths/wash cloths and don't need to add any more of that to my stash!!).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I first saw the Scrubby yarn at a guild meeting last year, but I haven't seen it in any stores. One of my friends was able to order it online.

    Wow, that lily is a showstopper.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw that yarn at Michael's and wondered how it was to knit. I am going to have to try it now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW. We saw those lilies when we were kayaking. They are gorgeous. Our kayak guide called them swamp lilies. LOL (I doubt that is their REAL name.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow. The dinner plate sized blossoms are so unique and pretty! I've never seen that before. We are having torrential rains here in the last 24 hours. Some of my plants are loving it, others not. Scrubbies are such a good knit up. I didn't know there was a specific yarn for it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hmmm may need to get some of that yarn.
    LOVE the lily!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cool yarn -- it is now on my "next time I go to the store" list! Gorgeous flowers -- so unique!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is an incredible flower! What a cool surprise!
    There is, indeed, a place for acrylic yarn.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

PLANS AND REVISIONS

I knit the sleeve (top up) and realized that I would prefer the sleeve line up with the same color of the body. See how the shading of the  ...