Wednesday, July 19, 2017

Seamstress Again


I found this website, So Sew Easy,  that has lots of patterns for purchase and for free.  This is one of the free tops.   I purchased the knit fabric at WalMart for pennies and whipped it up yesterday!
I could see the front wrap sagged a bit so I added some
elastic to the neck edge and now I don't have to worry about a 'gap'!
I downloaded a bunch of patterns (all for knits) and will get them all taped together-the only downside to downloadable patterns is the tiles (pages) of  the pattern and taping them together but with great results , it will be worth it!

6 comments:

  1. Love it. I'll share the site with my daughter. and niece!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done - that's a cute top. I haven't made a garment in decades and probably wouldn't remember how.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute! I just downloaded an apron pattern and hate having to put the pattern together. On the other hand computer paper patterns are easier to work with than those thin tissue ones that I always end up tearing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty! That is going to look stunning on you. Great colors.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooooh, o love that! I really like how the shirt draws ins little at the waist for some gentle shape -- I just altered a store-bought one a couple of weeks ago to counter the shapeless-sack look -- I'm going to need to track this pattern down! It will be so nice for you to have a pretty new shirt to spice up your wardrobe!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

PLEASANT PUTTERINGS

I did sew the rows together and cut the borders so I could sew them.  I didn't make too many mistakes (the brain is still very slow! lol...