Friday, September 1, 2017

Clear the Slates...!

 The Jural top with remedial armpit knitting, is completed and blocking!  
This yarn is a cotton/angora blend which is a funny combination, I think, but the fabric is soft to the touch 
and removes the harshness you can sometimes have in a cotton yarn, I guess!
 The lace at the top is textured without being revealing and I can't wait to wear this!  While we are all gearing up for Autumn, it will be months until we really reflect it in a temperature drop!
 Sock one is off the needles for grandson-
this is a shortie sock version of Tuxie Love, using the same yarn I used for his sister's sock.   Interesting thing about using striping yarn like this is that a simple change in the stitch count (from 56 to 72 stitches) can cause the biggest change in the look!  (Grandson has a larger foot as in a size 12 shoe already!)
See this is the 56 stitch count pattern!  Same yarn--just different stitch count!

There-now I am ready to start the I Heart Fall Knit-a-Long!
I will be posting my progress later today!

6 comments:

  1. Good save on the top!! Love that cute little kitty sock. The yarn looks very pretty both ways. You can't say that about some yarns that look horrible at different stitch counts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kudos on fixing the sweater armholes. Love the socks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely lovely finish. Cannot wait to watch all of us in Dee's KAL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great solution to the armpit gap. The sweater looks beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, you have been cranking! Hooray for two excellent FO's!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

GLOWING WORK!

The two layer cake scrambled tops are finished!   The dimensions are 40 50".   I have the backing so they will be heading to the frame ...