Tuesday, September 19, 2017

Raggedy Perfection!

This lap blanket is so homespun soft and wonderful! 
It was cut with the Accuquilt die for an 8 1'2" rag block.
I used a fat quarter bundle of homespun plaid fabrics.
I used 1 1/2 yards of the same type of fabric for the backing blocks.
It turned out so well, I will be making another and another!  
This one is 34" x 48".
You can see the wonderful fringe that results from the four layers of fabric.
The embroidery worked out great for the quilting motif for each block, too!
I will tell you-
there is a LOT of lint after washing and drying this blanket!
I have heard of people adding lint to their wool batts for texture-
now I understand how that could work! lol

9 comments:

  1. Pretty...I love the "messy" of the fringe against the "neat" of the fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks like the perfect blankie for a cuddle in front of the fire!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love that rustic look. And does this mean someone wants my lint? WHEEEE

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice! I know several people who make these and always go to a laundromat to wash and dry them because of all the strings and lint.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's lovely! I love the quilting in the middle of the block. When Mom and the girls made them,they just left theirs plain, but this adds such a nice touch!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty! I've heard of putting lint out in the Spring for birds -- they use it in their nests.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness it is wonderful! Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That turned out wonderful!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

PLANS AND REVISIONS

I knit the sleeve (top up) and realized that I would prefer the sleeve line up with the same color of the body. See how the shading of the  ...