Sunday, September 17, 2017

Some Saturday Satisfaction

 While I had some quiet time on Saturday,
I finished embroidering the center area with an in the hoop quilt design.
 I even began sewing some of the blocks together!
It went much more smoothly than I thought!
These blocks were cut with the Accuquilt cutter, 
the 8 1/2" rag block die.
 I layered the back blocks-all the same fabric,
the batting and the front fabrics and then loaded them in the hoop
for some machine embroidery.
A very interesting project!
On the knitting front-a new hat that I am going to alter so it is one of the new
messy bun hats that has the crown open for long hair!
It's for my niece and I hope to see a successful end soon!
The hat is a KnitPick's pattern, Evergreen Cap, which is full of cables!
I will miss Bill this morning as we drive to church-I knit and tend the boys while he drives-so there will be quite a bit of knit time lost! lol
(Bill is still on storm duty in southern FL)

7 comments:

  1. Wow, you have been so busy. Love those blocks. Have a great Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun projects! I've seen the messy bun hats but haven't made one. Are you going to cast off during the crown decreases?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I adore this quilt. Its rustic it s wonderful. I LOVE IT.
    messy bun hat...may have to make one for allison!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The embroidery on those squares is just brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Neat!
    I've got a flannel charm pack sitting in my cart at Missouri Star Quilts. I'm just waiting for a good daily deal so I can justify spending more $$ on quilt stuff! (I already have an order coming with birthday presents for mom - but I didn't see the flannel ones until AFTER I'd placed it!0

    ReplyDelete
  6. A messy-bun hat sounds fun.

    Good luck to Bill. I know he will be a blessing to those he helps.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looking forward to seeing how the messy-bun hat progresses!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

GLOWING WORK!

The two layer cake scrambled tops are finished!   The dimensions are 40 50".   I have the backing so they will be heading to the frame ...