Monday, November 20, 2017

Give Me a Minute, Please...

 Sweet socks for youngest grand child are finished, this is from the leftover Pairfect sock yarn.
I knit this on 48 stitches, 2.5mm needles. 
 We've had a few chilly mornings that he could've used these,
 though he is such a warm body, he wouldn't have left them on long!
Now this one is also knit over 48 stitches but it is a man's size 10 sock in worsted weight yarn, not fingering!  I also used a #4 needle;  these are for my Dad who is experiencing cold and snow in CNY!
I am going to make him some socks from fingering weight also but I had to weight for the yarn order to come and so I will make these ASAP .  
Saturday was our first morning for a fire-it wasn't completely necessary 
but desired for a celebration of our last morning with our grandsons.
 Their 'extended vacation' has drawn to a close;  
we savored the slow with snuggles and all too soon we headed out for their parents.  
I  finished E's socks once there-I only had a 1/4" and the bind off!
We were able to stay and help unpack and settle all their belongings in their room, etc.
It was a great transition for all of us.

I worked on Dad's sock on the way home. 
 Life will be different for us again. 
Bill says it's an empty nest adjustment all over again!
 Life's always about adjustments.  
 What a simple sentence for a very complex set of emotions...

5 comments:

  1. You and the boys made some special and precious memories together, and I've enjoyed seeing photos of some of their adventures.

    Love the socks you knit for your grandson and your Dad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those toddler socks are so precious! You made some wonderful memories for your little ones. They are so lucky to have you to fill in the gaps.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those boys have been so lucky to have you both. I know you will still be active in their lives but will miss the everyday moments, like a snuggle in the morning.
    Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Big hugs. It is so difficult to leave our families. The reunions are great! The leaving....always tough for me

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

ALMOST A TOP!

  I have all of the pieces blocks finished  and the borders are cut but nothing is sewn to its neighbor yet  but that is on the schedule for...