Friday, November 10, 2017

On the Needles!

We have a left front in progress!
The pattern is easy to build and relaxing to knit-always a bonus!  
But I will tell you I ripped this out and am doing it again in the next size.
I doubted myself after the swatch and dropped a size to make up for the gauge
being off but now it is drawing in too much;
better to find out now than when the sweater is done!!!
                   I finished the pink blocks and will start cutting out the orange ones tomorrow!      
And this mess is turning into something very neat, if you can believe it!
                                     (I try to sneak in a block, 5 mins flat when I can!)                                             
And I am accumulating a pile of triangles!
This will be a Quilt of Valor donation if I can get enough blocks to 
make a twin sized quilt.

5 comments:

  1. Whoa, you've been busy! Love the triangle blocks and that they are destined to become a Quilt of Valor.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh...I love that triangle block. That's going to make a VERY intricate and pretty quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your left front panel is wonderful! I love it. Will you share that pattern part? I bet I could do it on the back of my vest. I'd have to add stitches, but it may be perfect. Looks like some ribbing and a twisted rib middle?
    QUilts of Valor. Im thinking about the pretty one my friend Larry A Vietnam Vet recieved . Such a wonderful surprise and gift for him from people like you

    ReplyDelete
  4. The sweater is already beautiful! I recognize some of that patriotic fabric — I didn’t realize that organization (QOV) has morphed a bit and is thriving. Nice!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

A LITTLE OF THIS AND THAT

I finished the mug rugs;  6 of them in fact!  They are 5 x 5".  I am not a coffee or tea drinker but I do like hot chocolate~ I made an...