Wednesday, November 29, 2017

Rows...

 A nice package came in the mail-the yarn of the month club from Darn Good Yarn, Co.
It's a skein of single spun silk, pattern and some pretty needles.
I finished the last 5 blocks for this quilt and sewed them into rows.  
Tomorrow I will sew the rows together;  
I am not sure that I like it this wide so when it is complete tomorrow I might cut it narrower. 
 I can't tell until I get there, what I need to do. 
 I do like the subtle secondary designs. 
 I ran out of the red strips on the last triangle or I would have made another vertical row. 
 If I make it narrower, I can use up the blue and beige strips for the border!

9 comments:

  1. Pretty, pretty, pretty. That Darn Good Yarn is beautiful too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the look of that yarn. I've got some recycled silk in similar colours - I feel like I should go dig it out now

    ReplyDelete
  3. A yarn club? That sounds like so much fun. I love that new top. It looks so complex!

    ReplyDelete
  4. One of the guild members gets the monthly boxes from Darn Good Yarn. She brought a shawl to last month's meeting for Show & Tell.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That yarn is very pretty and so are the needles, although I had to chuckle at the shape — they look like golf tees for the visually impaired! 😁 The quilt is very striking.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice Yarn Club package there! I like to find out the process behind people's crafting and quilting. Especially quilting concepts, since it is not my craft. I like the approaches to color and border/etc. That's something I can relate to I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is gorgeous yarn!
    I was part of a yarn club once, and I had mixed feelings about it. Sometimes I loved the yarn, but other times I was disappointed.

    ReplyDelete
  8. your Darn good yarn looks pretty@! just the thing for a gray winter day

    ReplyDelete
  9. I would love that package of goodies. Love the fabrics on the quilt.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

A LITTLE OF THIS AND THAT

I finished the mug rugs;  6 of them in fact!  They are 5 x 5".  I am not a coffee or tea drinker but I do like hot chocolate~ I made an...