Wednesday, December 27, 2017

Travel Home Day

 We woke up to snow on the ground this morning!
 Bill hammed it up for the camera-it was 30F and soon the snow changed over to sleet .
 We waited for all the morning rush hour traffic to clear up....
...so we left at 10:30 and still  had bumper to bumper traffic all the way down I75!  
We only had a few moments of clear driving and the rest was slow and tense.  
It was very tiring on every level!
 On a positive note, I did get a lot of knitting done!  
I finished the socks for my dad.
(Yarn is Stroll fingering, Thunderhead colorway, 2.5 needles, 72 sts)
 I had all the ribbing to complete up the leg and when I finished that, 
I made another pair of the Tough & Toasty mitts-they are so much fun to make! 
I am not done making that pattern yet!!!!
(You can see how dreary it was all day-even our sunny Florida didn't have any sunshine for us!)
All the cats were greeted with love and hugs-I am writing this now with another cat cradled in my left arm-we are as glad to see them as they seem to be to see us-always nice to have a welcoming committee!

(Thank you to my GA peaches for a 'beyond wonderful' week!  See you next month!!!)

5 comments:

  1. Thank you for coming here to share that beyond-wonderful week with us! I’m very glad you had to see snow while you were here! Lol. Sorry the trip home was so rough; hope you got a good night of sleep to recuperate. Looking forward to seeing you soon! ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow....that does look like a scary ride. I hate driving in the snow anymore. Happy to hear you made it home safe and sound.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice to visit family, but nice to return home and sleep in your own bed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you made it safely home. Poor "frozen" Bill. I'm sure he was glad to get back to Florida's warmer weather! LOL

    Give little Lena a hug from us (and from Giroux) --- she is SO adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry about the slow trip back, apparently everyone else wanted to wait till the morning traffic was over, too. Hug those sweet cats for me.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

WOOD WORKS

I cleaned the wood shop area;  the tools and the floor, etc so that I could begin work on that burl we acquired a few weeks ago!  It felt so...