Monday, January 1, 2018

A Clean Slate-2018!

 I always feel I have to do everything that is important to me on this day!
I also go through shelves and bins in the Studio to see what I didn't do last year 
and if it is something I want to bring to the front of the line for this. 
 My orchids are in a new place-the window in the hall leading to my studio 
so they brighten my walk there so many times a day; 
 and it is ready to bloom where they are-a nice metaphor for all of us!
 This plant is 7 yrs old and still producing blooms that will beautify her corner, no matter what.
I like that idea.
 Speaking of corners, I put up a shelf in my wool station corner of the studio.
 I have several antique pieces related to woolen mills
 and I wanted them out where I could enjoy them.
  Bill found this large wooden spool while up in Georgia and bought it for me. 
 It combines my all-things-woolen fancy and my love of wooden so he scored big!
 I also participated in the Merry Mayhem's New Year's Day Mystery Quilt 
where every hour throughout the day she releases a clue and by dinner time, you have a quilt!
  I always make the lap size out of my scraps which is a challenge in itself!  
I have the backing and binding ready to finish this one, the first one to go on the frame this year!
It's going to be exciting to see what comes out of the studio this year!

3 comments:

  1. Nice job on the mystery QAL. I did some sewing and straightened my sewing room, too, on New Year's Day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cleaned and sorted the two days before the New Year, it feels so good to move things along and start with a fresh slate.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to do a big clean up myself. Love how that mystery quilt turned out!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

FLOWERS ON FRIDAY

But first-yesterday's Shop Hop went well-we discovered a very nice new shop in St Augustine;  always a good find!   What I bought this t...