Monday, January 8, 2018

And It Works!

 When I went to begin the vest fronts, I ran into a intrinsic blockade!
If I knit the fronts separately as directed,
 the long color repeats of this yarn would make the fronts very different from the back.
 I decided to knit the fronts as one piece, 
as I would never wear the vest hanging open like I do with sweaters. 
 But I didn't want the fronts to be without a button band
 because I like the vertical line up the front and I like the look of buttons,
 so......  
......I knit the button band in two layers (double knit) so that it would still have the thickness
 of two separate front garter bands buttoned together! 
 It is working fine and the yarn colors are matching front and back
 just like I want them to work out!
I love it when a design vision comes together!!!!

5 comments:

  1. So happy for you!!! It IS working and well at that! Once Holidays are over, I embrace the pinks and violets in the sky and in my yarns!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's brilliant! I had the same issue once with a vest I was making with some handspun. I wish I had thought of that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's always nice when things follow your plan!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

ALMOST A TOP!

  I have all of the pieces blocks finished  and the borders are cut but nothing is sewn to its neighbor yet  but that is on the schedule for...