Tuesday, January 2, 2018

And Knitting

 Since it is a cold snap even here in Florida,
 Bill has been beating back the chill by keeping our fire lit. 
 Every hour or so , I take a break in here with the cats and do some knitting!!
 I cast on another pair of Tough & Toasty mitts, 
this time in worsted weight left over from a project from the past. 
  It had been dyed in Indigo and it does leave my hands blue like a new pair of blue jeans used to do!  It will need a very good wash when completed!
  I wanted to see how much the worsted weight will change the size 
and if it is increased enough for a man.  
 If not, I will be doing some math to increase stitches to make them big enough on the next pair. 
  I managed to knit these from memory-a good feeling and a good exercise!
The back is off the needles!  
This is the vest kit I received for my birthday that I started Friday.  
I had to laugh at the struggle the camera had to get this color combination in focus!
  It is a light fabric in a roving-like single yarn that will be a warm ot wear-which is what I need right now 'cuz, baby, it's cold outside!  (32*F)

7 comments:

  1. Ive never worn my handknit sweaters this much!! brrrrrr. I have to wear a turtleneck underneath for the itch/discomfort factor but hey! Look at you GO with those fingerless!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the vest back - those stripes and the lace go well together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sure is cold put! I am loving it! Well done on the beautiful vest.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Knitting by the fire is the best part of winter but I am so sick of this cold. I love winter but this is ridiculous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks like a cozy spot to knit! I know what you mean when the camera can't capture the yarn in real life, right!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh that fire looks wonderful! We are in the middle of a deep freeze right now and you can bet I've got all my warm woolies out!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

FLOWERS ON FRIDAY

But first-yesterday's Shop Hop went well-we discovered a very nice new shop in St Augustine;  always a good find!   What I bought this t...