Friday, January 19, 2018

I Give Up

 Here's my vest front.......again.  I ripped it out. 
 I admit it;  sometimes your bright idea is just a bust.
 I thought I had worked out the problem of the sides not matching from this self-striping yarn,
 if I made the two fronts separately.   
Knitting them together had it's own problems. 
 It got worse when I had to split for the v-neck 
and still use two balls of yarn to knit the two top parts of the front.
I gave up and knit it as the pattern designer calls for-two individual fronts. 
 The stripes won't match at the side
 but I promise myself not to look at the side seams in a mirror!
At least the fronts are knitting up faster on half as many stitches!
And I am still using the short rows on the garter tabs 
so they don't make them draw in so I can say I've learned a lot from my mistakes 
and I still like the colors 
so I just might get through this pattern without having a bonfire!
Tonight is the first time that Nyki (on the right)
has allowed Lena to join us.
Usually it is 'whoever got on my bed first' got to stay there
and the second-comer had to jump back down.
I just might be feeling better about things.....

5 comments:

  1. Don’t let Nyki know that you noticed...she has an image to maintain, after all! Glad you haven’t quit on the vest...it is going to be gorgeous eventually!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A pattern bonfire! Lol...I've been there before too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Third time's the charm. You have more patience with this project than I would have.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww Cats and covers.....so sweet. Good for you and the stick to it tive ness on the plans for the vest. I'd have caved!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww - Rupert and Relic are slowly (VERY slowly) getting more tolerant of each other. There have been nights when we've had all four cats in the bed with us!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

PLANS AND REVISIONS

I knit the sleeve (top up) and realized that I would prefer the sleeve line up with the same color of the body. See how the shading of the  ...