Tuesday, January 9, 2018

Progress and a Timely Post


The front of the vest is zipping right along and then I 
received a great email about adding short rows to garter bands
 so they will be the same length when butted up against stockinette!

If you do not already subscribe to Knitting with Suzanne Bryan on YouTube,
 you need to stop and do so right now!

I have been knitting forever and there is not a week that goes by 
that I do not learn some way to add finesse to my knitting
 or to do something better than I am now doing.  
Yup, she's that good.

Anyway, I wasn't too far into the front of the vest when I read/watched this
 and immediately started adding short rows to my front bands. 
 Even with the double knit idea going on, 
I could add the extra over 'n back row and there is no hole or gap 
and it is relaxing the front band so it won't draw in! 
 Yippee.
It's these little things that will really make or break a hand knit.

4 comments:

  1. I love YouTube. I learn so much from it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll check out the videos that Suzanne has on YouTube. Thanks for the link.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done. I am a mess at short rows and I don't know why. I avoid them like crazy.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

FABRIC FORTUNES

I enjoyed a day at home yesterday!  It has been a long time since I had a relaxing day at home!  I cleaned (which I like to do!) and launder...