Friday, January 26, 2018

Shed Transfer

 When you have a free shed....
and it sits here but you want it there...
 you place it on old telephone poles so they work like timber skids...
 and pull it with the tractor....
 a few hundred feet away and park it just so.
This is a guy plan-because the sill needs replacing and so does the soffet and the back wall
 and the inside is filled with junk
 but they tell me it will be cheaper than just building a new one;
but I doubt it!
(My Dad will have this rebuilt and painted in a week-
he used to have it done in a day or two
 but being in his eighties has slowed him down a tad!)
 So when I wasn't watching boys or sitting in waiting rooms-I was knitting!
Mindless,
 take you mind off where you are and what you are doing,
 knitting to be exact!
Just in time for the north wind to blow and send us to our woolens again!

5 comments:

  1. That is quite the shed adventure. I wish we could pick up and move ours because we find, now that we are getting on in years, that having it way down at the bottom of the hill that is our backyard is not the best of places anymore. We need one closer to the house.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Quite an undertaking. Seeing your photos brought back memories of doing the same thing on the farm so many years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am impressed your dad is going to fix up the shed, well done by hime. Love your mitts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I find guy plans almost always underestimate the cost... when ever I have conversation like that with my Dad, I have to remind him it's not 1988 anymore!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

ALMOST A TOP!

  I have all of the pieces blocks finished  and the borders are cut but nothing is sewn to its neighbor yet  but that is on the schedule for...