Tuesday, May 22, 2018

Another Pair!

The colors look like candy stripes-
I thought of the old Fruit Stripes gum 
but my daughter said it reminded her of the candy Sprees. 
 I think it depends on your generation!   lol

STATS:
2 Ancient skeins of KnitPicks yarn called Simple Stripes in colorway Partie. 
 (I think it was a forerunner to the Felici line)
#2.5mm needles over 60 stitches.
Simple stockinette
short row heels over 60% of stitches
2" of 1x1 ribbing at cuffs.
1 1/2 skeins used for perfectly matched socks

8 comments:

  1. I love those stripes! Knit Picks always discontinues the best yarn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fruit Stripes gum! I haven't thought about that in decades! Those colors make for pretty socks! And they match.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes! Fruit Stripe Gum!!! Memories. I just wish the flavor had lingered longer. But I can see Sprees too, another favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whoa, mentioning Fruit Stripes gum took me back in time. . . love the socks and the stripes. Simple patterns really allow the yarn to be the star.

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are just so fun! I imagine them peeking out of a pair of blue jeans near a nice warm fireplace.

    ReplyDelete
  6. oooh love them!! I have yet to master knitting socks... maybe this winter..?! At least that is what I keep telling myself, lol!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like Spree better than gum. I'll go with Spree too!!! (Love them!)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

SUNSHINE!

The Heliopsis is in bloom again and has many buds ready to continue the beauty for most of the summer! But I had to reach quite high to get ...