Monday, May 28, 2018

Jerry Rigging....

 The longarm machine I have (APQS Ultimate I, 20+ yrs old) uses a stylus to trace a pantograph.
I have a hard time keeping my view consistent so I wanted a laser light for more accuracy.
 I had to find a laser light with an on/off switch, used a bit of electrical tape to narrow the size of the light on the paper and then taped it onto the stylus!  Now as for the skewer -it is helping to hold the laser light mounting bolt in place-the apparatus that held it in place inside the housing of the machine came apart many years ago.  This way is not ideal mechanically but it works!  I can happily quilt for an hour now and it is a dream even if it doesn't look shiny bright! lol
 Yes, it works just fine-so nice to make a mile and see the progress when you don't have to keep stopping to fix your equipment!
 In fact, one down.......
and one to go!
On the sewing front, I finished the other 'row' of frogs and am now working on the individual ones.
I leave some of the tear away stabilizer on the wrong side-those frog toes just won't let go!

9 comments:

  1. Brilliant! I had no idea how the long arm worked with a quilting pattern like that. Cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ingenious solution! The quilting looks fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Necessity. that mother of invention! Hooray

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bravo to you figuring that all out. Your quilts are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mine has a laser light and it is much easier than using the stylus.. well done for figuring out a work around! Your quilting is beautiful :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Neat! Mom was just showing me an attachment she can get for her machine that does that!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hooray for a laser that cooperates for more than a few minutes!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's amazing the difference between the two quilts with just color placement changes. They are both adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So impressed with your quilting!
    The whole longarm thing looks very confusing. I think I'll hire that out if I ever make a quilt that large!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

WOOD WORKS

I cleaned the wood shop area;  the tools and the floor, etc so that I could begin work on that burl we acquired a few weeks ago!  It felt so...