Thursday, May 3, 2018

King of the Mountain

I pulled another languishing knit out of the pile.
Since this will be a summer tank,
I think I need to get it going so I can wear it this year!
It's mostly stockinette so there is little to think about except going round and round.
Well except for the faux side seams which are just purl stitches you place at the halfway mark on each side.  This is also an easy guide for the waist shaping
which I have finally hit.
This is a worsted weight cotton yarn that I am knitting
on # 4 needles so I have a near solid fabric and not a gauzy one.
Isn't it lush looking-all the rain this year has been a welcome boon to our ferns! 
 The boys love playing on their mountain.  I can sit and take in the quiet 
while they battle their giants.....

9 comments:

  1. I'm thinking that mountain looks pretty fun too. I think I would be tempted to be right up there WITH the boys.

    Love the color of your new sweater.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That new sweater is just lovely. That color is to die for.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish all kids had a dirt mountain. . . It's amazing how a simple pile of dirt can trigger the imagination. Love your sweater.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the colour of that tank!

    Your little mountain men are going to have some fabulous childhood memories!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great color for your tank - that will be lovely. I always loved climbing up huge piles of dirt and/or rocks. Love all your ferns!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty pretty summer tank color. Wow. You have the right balance it seems with watching the kids and knitting!!!! Perfect

    ReplyDelete
  7. Winter temperatures have finally given way to rain, so I hope our ferns will soon be as lush as yours!
    The tank is such a bright summery color. I could use a large dose of stockinette about now!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lena is gorgeous! And the mountain is sooo big, they are Kings for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You will pull off wearing that color in a spectacular way that most of us couldn’t! Pretty. Boys and dirt/sand etc...happiness is!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

GLOWING WORK!

The two layer cake scrambled tops are finished!   The dimensions are 40 50".   I have the backing so they will be heading to the frame ...