Sunday, May 20, 2018

Polygons

And another modular knitting project is on the needles!
I whipped this first of its kind off the needles in a surprisingly short amount of time.
It will have a hexagon shape once this polygon is joined to its neighbor.
I picked up stitches to join block 2 to this one;  the pattern is not written this way;
directions instruct you to knit a pile of these shapes and stitch them together after the fact.
Not for me!!!!!

I colored in a 'map' so I could know where I was going with the leftover DK yarn I have.
It works out in my head so I will let you know how this genius way to attach each block
works when I reach the second row!

5 comments:

  1. Wonderful shapes, the blanket is going to be wonderful. Glad you are not sewing them all together, that takes a long time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a fun and interesting knit. It will be fun to watch this project progress.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfect FLORIDA knitting --- starfish!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

FLOWERS ON FRIDAY

But first-yesterday's Shop Hop went well-we discovered a very nice new shop in St Augustine;  always a good find!   What I bought this t...