Saturday, June 2, 2018

Hardware

 I hardwired this foot pedal into the cord of my....
 Ashford Electric Spinner!  I had read that the new models are sold with a foot pedal to turn it off and on without having to let go of the fiber to use the switch on the spinner.  My husband said it was easy enough to add that feature with the  purchase of this very inexpensive foot pedal!  It was a very easy job to splice the wires and wow, is it easier to spin by using your foot to slow or stop as we are used to with a regular spinning wheel!  So nice to have an electrician for a dear husband!
 The new part came to replace my broken walking foot!  I had the old one for 30 years so I think the dollar a year part gives a lot for its value!  On to the bindings at last on the latest two quilts!
And lastly, Bill used his muscle to help me raise the level of the quilting machine 
to a better height for me to use it! 
 (I've only had it for a few years;  why did I wait to do this?!)
 I found the hunching posture as I stood at the frame was just too miserable.
I  am good to go now for hours, I am sure, if I can get healthy enough to stay in there for a few hours! lol
 Look at the lilies!  Such beautiful and sweet aromas, too.
Rain lilies in the forefront, tiger lilies in the back!
I bought just a few bulbs several years ago and they have multiplied and matured
-these plants are 48" tall this year!

5 comments:

  1. It is nice to have someone handy around!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's hard to image the difference it makes to have things at the right height. My back used to bother me whenever I cut fabric until I raised it 10-12 inches. It was magical.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you are able to be upright for some fun! Hope you are 100% soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those lilies are beautiful. They sure do add some lovely color to the yard.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aha! Glad you conquered the rewiring! Such a great idea to raise the quilting frame — one of those moments that are “aha!” and “duh! (as in, why didn’t I do that sooner?!)” at the same time!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

ALMOST A TOP!

  I have all of the pieces blocks finished  and the borders are cut but nothing is sewn to its neighbor yet  but that is on the schedule for...