Tuesday, August 21, 2018

About Time to Clean it Up!

 Mondays are again an abrupt shock to our systems.
They were a nice way to start the week for a few years but now that a school year has begun, 
I remember how they do not fit with the rhythm of a human body in any way!
Last week I said I was going to finish the birdbath once and for all! 
What a good way to make something good come out of the day.
 I am ashamed at how long I have let this take up the  front porch! 
 But I worked the grout in and around and sponged it throughout the afternoon!
  Now to let it dry, seal it and touch up some paint and get it out front in the garden!!!!
 I have just three more little stars to make for the border!
I could've started piecing the center of the quilt but this required less thought!
Today, I went with the easier route!
I used up two little balls of the Scrubby yarn to try and reduce the size of the dishcloth on the knitting machine-this one is 9" x 9" which is much better than the 11" one but I still like them 8" square!
  A little more tweaking and I will have it! 

 Today, I hope to find an hour to try a new kind of stitch 
which will result in color work on the front! 
 It seems like an ambitious idea for this kind of yarn but it is only a 4 row repeat
 and not really that difficult!
  I am hoping for success right out of the gate!!!
What did we do without YouTube?!?!

8 comments:

  1. no need to be ashamed with all the other things you do every day! unless you have a secret stash of extra hands somewhere:) there's only so much you can do in a day (and you seem to do plenty!) and some things just have to move to the side for a little while... I think with all that knitting you'll bring a mountain of hats to the shelter!! so no need to worry about the birdbath - which was finished in the end as well...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought of you when I busted 4 plates recently, wondering if I should save the shards and ship them to you. LOL! Beautiful bird bath, they bathe in style in your yard.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't that the truth!!! I haven't used it a whole lot for stitching, but we have used it a lot for home and car repairs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on finishing the birdbath! I bet it feels as great as it looks! I've been experimenting with scrubby yarn lately too. Happy Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. YouTube has rescued me a few times, too. I love the nearly completed bird bath.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The birdbath is just beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

A LITTLE OF THIS AND THAT

I finished the mug rugs;  6 of them in fact!  They are 5 x 5".  I am not a coffee or tea drinker but I do like hot chocolate~ I made an...