Thursday, August 2, 2018

Experiments

 So I decided to use the rest of the Cotlin yarn to make a matching hand towel.  
I changed the size of the fabric stitches to make them closer (tighter hand).
 They turned out well but I wanted to try to tweak the idea a bit more-make the hems narrower and the faux I-cord edging a bit thicker.
 The dark towel used one whole skein of yarn, has narrower hems and one row more on the faux I-cord so it was a success!  And the whole thing took less than an hour with no hand work except for weaving in my yarn ends!
Now to use a yarn with with longer yardage so I can make a larger towel-
I'm thinking of using some of the cotton thread left over from my weaving projects!

8 comments:

  1. Nice towels. I'd say your experiments were a success.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow...you're really on a roll with that new toy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Less than an hour! WOW. You have my interest peaked!!!! I think I'l learn to spin first!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So Cotlin is a keeper? Will try that next summer.

    ReplyDelete
  5. neat! I never thought of making knitting tea towels!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great use of yarn! You can always use hand towels and rags. And why not make them with pretty yarns.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have got to get my nerve up to try. Dish cloths and towels are a good place to start! Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fun “something new” projects!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

FLOWERS ON FRIDAY

But first-yesterday's Shop Hop went well-we discovered a very nice new shop in St Augustine;  always a good find!   What I bought this t...