Sunday, August 5, 2018

Meanwhile....

 Bill helped me clamp a board onto the crafting table so I could set up my new knitting machine and give it a real try now that I have cleaned and oiled it.
 After watching a bunch of videos, I was ready to give it a go!  I did it!  Now it will take a bit of practice to figure out the stitch sizes but that will come with experience-practicing is fun, too.
                                     
 I switched from a worsted weight to a sport weight and am practicing for another child's sweater to try out the new skills.
 See how it hangs down stretched to the max---tomorrow, I will be washing and blocking this to record a gauge swatch.  I am so excited to see this finally up and running with me!
 I also worked a few more parts to this quilt--these are not final arrangements-only pairing parts to keep it all straight and then I will be arranging the colors.
And while I flit around in the house with the boys;  cleaning, playing and building RR tracks,
this is what Bill was doing!  I got too close to the new lake's shoreline and almost lost the tractor!!!
He did manage to pull it out and has washed it down.  He can always do this again tomorrow!

10 comments:

  1. argh, I think I'd rather play with the knitting machine - and leave the man of the house with the tractor:) must have been a fright to get stuck in that mud!
    have fun with your machine - it looks like you'll be busy with it:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That’s a bad one, even for my father!!! I bet even he got a little nervous this time! That knitting machine looks intimidating — but I’m glad you’re having fun with it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bet that machine is just fascinating to watch in action!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay, woohoo, and oh no! Glad you didn't lose the tractor!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yikes, glad you AND the tractor are in good shape after that adventure!

    The new knitting machine looks like it might have a steep learning curve - good to see your making progress.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my! What a muddy mess. Glad Bill was able to set it to rights.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a muddy mess out there with all this rain. I am very interested in how you like the knitting machine and what you decide to make with it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goodness! That poor tractor! Glad it ended well!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I had a knitting machine at one time, and, now and again, I regret getting rid of it.

    I love the colors in that quilt! The second one down on the right makes me happy.

    So glad the tractor was rescued.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

SUNSHINE!

The Heliopsis is in bloom again and has many buds ready to continue the beauty for most of the summer! But I had to reach quite high to get ...