Tuesday, August 7, 2018

Prototype Hat

  
This is 50 rows of knitting-a matter of minutes is all !
 In no time at all, I had the brim folded up to the live needles and another 30 rows knitted.
That's the part that takes the longest-a whole 10 minutes!
The k2tog also takes 10 minutes and then in no time, the hat is off the needles and being seamed up!
 It is an adult sized, doubled brim hat.
 I was very pleased with the finished item but it needed something..........
 I pulled out the pom pom maker and used up a bit of the left over yarn and sure enough-
 Now it is finished!  
A pom pom is not usually my favorite addition but I smiled because this hat needed one!
Now to learn how to make several sizes;  
it's a good thing I am good at making notes!
(Note -only one skein is needed of the Caron variegated yarn
and at only $2.94 a skein, 
there will be a whole pile of these ready for the shelter 
when the cold snaps comes this winter.)

*****this hat was made on the Bond knitting machine
not my fancy new one

5 comments:

  1. Nice hat! I love working with Simply Soft yarn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoa! What a quick knit that was!! Love the bird bath, it will be a glorious place for the birds to congregate!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing!!! I love the pom pom. What's a winter hat without one?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

ALMOST A TOP!

  I have all of the pieces blocks finished  and the borders are cut but nothing is sewn to its neighbor yet  but that is on the schedule for...