Tuesday, August 14, 2018

Slow Down for School Buses

 A new pattern for a summer tank is in the works!
 It is a very different cotton from the last two tanks I made;  this one is says it is DK but it looks like fingering weight to me!  It is knit on #5 needles and I am going to knit it by hand first
and I can see how it fits, etc, before I tweak the pattern for a machine knit!
The swatch is completed, let the knitting begin!
I am hoping for a slow down to our schedule because school has started.
I am anticipating structure and order to my days;  tell me it is so! 
Even though BoyWonder said he changed his mind about going to kindergarten!

9 comments:

  1. Already? This summer did fly by, didn't it? My oldest grand starts kindergarten this year too. That really makes me feel ancient.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hm, I remember that Stefan wasn't keen to go at first either! a few days into it he changed his mind, so much to do, so much to explore:) we still have 2 weeks of free summer to go - but without kids in school or grandkids - all I see from the school year by now is the school bus passing:) I think having christmas in a little more than 4 months is far worse!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. BoyWonder hopefully will change his mind once he starts school. The unknown can be terrifying for some kiddos.

    I love the color of your yarn.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The yarn is Gorgeous. Love that color. And, the tank is pretty - I don't crochet, but I would learn to do that edging - lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, that yarn is gorgeous! Can't wait to see the finished product. I would think it's these weight knits that would go so quick on a machine, but very wise to get the fit right before diving in.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm guessing he loved his first day once he got there.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cute tank.
    Let us know how the first day of kindergarten went!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

A LITTLE OF THIS AND THAT

I finished the mug rugs;  6 of them in fact!  They are 5 x 5".  I am not a coffee or tea drinker but I do like hot chocolate~ I made an...