Saturday, August 4, 2018

Socks that Rock!

 I have a pair of completed, on-the-feet socks!!!!
This yarn is from the swap;  Dashing Dachs yarn, SW Merino/nylon in the Yoda colorway.
Worked on #1 needles over 64 stitches.  I love the way the lightening streaks across my feet!
 The rib is just right on a pair of legs.  The two socks did a good job of matching without any attempts to do so on my part.
 The other side just has an ankle strap with lots of green showing.  Perfect in every way!
There is enough for a square on my sock blanket and a baby hat for the hospital!
And wonder of wonders, Bill and I went on a lunch date to our fav restaurant.  
We sat in companionable silence soaking up the beauty in our view, we talked, laughed and remembered how much we could enjoy a meal alone together. 
We even got to see an Osprey scoop up a fish and fly away with it!
 (the boys were on a visit)

6 comments:

  1. Lovely pair of socks! And how nice to spend time with your hubby having a meal! We will be back to just the two of us in a few weeks. But our "kid" isn't as young as your charges! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. The socks look great. I love the little brown line that follows the bigger brown patch!!! Very pretty.

    Where IS your favorite restaurant? The view is beautiful. We used to go to Julington Fish Camp once in awhile. It had a beautiful view too along the creek.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! You had some pooling mojo with those!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the sock - a matched pair!

    Good to hear that you and your husband took advantage of the boys' visit to spend some quality time together in a relaxing and beautiful spot.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So I just have to know...will you always wear those socks in a particular order, or will you switch feet randomly?! So glad you two got a date!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

GLOWING WORK!

The two layer cake scrambled tops are finished!   The dimensions are 40 50".   I have the backing so they will be heading to the frame ...