Saturday, September 22, 2018

By Hand

 Sadly, my first birdbath mosaic work developed a bunch of bubbles where the water seeped under the tile and lifted up several areas.  Nothing for it but pulling up the whole middle.
 I easily scraped up all of these tiles-the ones around the outside edge were fully adhered
 so I left them.  
I saved all the old tiles so I could pick the adhesive and grout off of them so I could reuse them! 
 It only took a bit over an hour to  clean them!
 Now to  get the tiles to fit back in place to be a similar design to the original! 
 This is a project for today unless it is too hot and humid again! 
 Since the second birdbath is holding up fine, I think I used too thick a layer of adhesive
 and too thin a layer of grout on the first one.
  Live and learn!!!  
It is too pretty to not try to fix it!
 Speaking of pretty, Ethan picked me this pretty ginger blossom;
Oh, I wish you could smell this!
It is a very beautiful, heady floral aroma!
 Also, I finished the front and back and did a three-needle-bind-off-by-machine to join the shoulders,
I then picked up stitches for the sleeves and knit them toward the cuff.
 Remember-the waste yarn (odd colored yarn on the edges) are to allow me to pick up the live stitches and then hand knit ribbing for the bottom edge and cuffs as soon as I stitch up the side seams!
Another project I hope to make good progress on today.
And yesterday in the studio, I pushed all my lovely bits of equipment to the end of the room 
to make room for the men to work to replace our air handler (in my room here) and the compressor (which is just outside this room) so we have air conditioning again! 
 It has turned my sauna-like home into an igloo once again-pure bliss!
Today I will be putting it all to rights and use the opportunity to reorganize!
It is so easy to sprawl the clutter and I like open and clean so much better!
A nice day looms ahead for me;  I hope yours will be a sweet Saturday, too!

7 comments:

  1. it's a pity about the bird bath:( I'd say it's more difficult to get a nice pattern with the tiles you have the 2nd time round? and the ginger flower is spectacular! my plants from bought rizomes only ever make a leaf or two, then autumn and colder weather comes and the plants slowly die:( enjoy the new "cool weather inside":) we started to light a fire in the range again - it's getting a bit nippy here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Only an hour to clean the tiles? That seems like a long time to scrub to me!
    It's a beautiful bird bath, and totally worth the work.
    A day of projects sounds heavenly! I have family obligations but I'm hoping to craft this evening.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You'll have everything - bird bath, sweater, and studio - repaired, assembled, and organized in short order.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for the AC but boo for the birdbath. That has to be frustrating. I have a love/hate with tile. My kitchen floor that we tiled almost 30 years ago is coming up in places which makes me NOT happy. I am not ready to tackle that retiling job quite yet. Not after all that bathroom tiling we still have to seal. I am still not able to take a shower because we just can't get a low humidity day where we can open the windows for it to dry. It's always something.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I see you already have your pumpkin too!!! That MUST mean fall is here.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh boy, now I’m seeing just how far behind I am on your blog! 😳 Need to make a daily time to check it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

GLOWING WORK!

The two layer cake scrambled tops are finished!   The dimensions are 40 50".   I have the backing so they will be heading to the frame ...