Sunday, September 23, 2018

Saturday Stacked Up Fine

 I made some progress on sewing the units for the new quilt. 
 I will make a bunch and then work out the color matching before I commit to some piecing.
 I packed up the newborn hats when I cleaned off the knitting machine table;
girl colors (6) on one side and boys' (8) on the other;
  I made three more to add to the count;  remember when all baby things were green or yellow?  
I will not take these to the hospital 
until Thanksgiving time so I can make quite a few more by then!
 I had to reload the Starry Splendor quilt since one orange cat kept laying on it
 and popping the pins until I took it off and left it off! 
 Stinker. 
 I began the quilt stitching;  I happily cruised through the top 12" in no time.
 The simple double e's on the light background border and an outline on the piano keys.
I like to finish the row and then right it down AND take a picture 
so I remember what I did by the time I get to the other end of the quilt!
 Before I turned out the light in the studio, I had to cover the quilt now so it is cat proof 
now that I have begun the actual stitching. 
 I am out of Contact paper which works great so this is better than nothing!
And last night I seamed up the hats-a very nice day all in all!

6 comments:

  1. I love seeing your quilting up close. I never know what to do on a block. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice job on all the hats. The hospital will love them. Taking photos as a journal is a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your hats look so wonderful. They will be put to great use

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think Mom's going to have a problem with Winnie sleeping in quilts-in-progress on the machine. It's not too bad right now since she's small... but once she's full grown...

    ReplyDelete
  5. looks like your quilts are very comfy to have a nap on:) and even though I am a girl - I wouldn't mind wearing the two "boys" hats at the top of the bundle!

    ReplyDelete
  6. There’s something very pleasing about all of those hat colors in the box!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

POST SURGERY TIME

I was able to get a ton of knitting time in  while in the Surgery Center with Bill yesterday!   He did well but it is harder to have surgery...