Wednesday, September 19, 2018

Step by Step

 The front now has  back-it sure makes fast work on the knitting machine.
I will be joining front to back and then will pick up stitches to knit the sleeves down to the cuff.
That's the idea anyway! 
 This is how the newborn hats look when I pull all the stitches off the needles 
and onto the gathering thread for the top of the hat! 
 The bottom piece is called the ribber comb-it catches the stitches 
and holds them down with weights for the rows to follow. 
 I am getting used to making these now with fewer moments of quandary!
 Once the ribber comb is removed, the hat sits for a few hours to relax the stitches then I seam it up.
I made two from a leftover skein.  
I like the almost Fair Isle look of these. 
 I added one pom pom from this yarn after this pic but I will have to dig through
 to find some to match for the second one!

7 comments:

  1. That just continues to amaze me!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jumper is looking great,and I LOVE the hats :)
    Jillxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the yarn in the hats. IM glad you showed the machine....Yikes. I'd have a hard time with that IM sure. Kudos to you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's fun to see all of your creations, especially how it looks just off the machine.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are just churning them out. Maybe I need a knitting machine to catch up with my hat count? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those hats are REALLY cute. I love that yarn.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The speed of the machine must be nice... much easier to keep up with the little ones that grow like weeds!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

BLUE SKIES, BLUE WAVES

We were in St Augustine yesterday for an appointment for Bill and when we arrived, the receptionist informed us that the doctor (surgeon) ha...