Thursday, September 20, 2018

Sweater Progress

 I enjoyed the process of this top down construction;  
I knit the back, picked up the shoulder stitches and knit down one side of the front
 and then the same for the other. 
 Once they reach the armholes,  they are joined in the round to knit down to the waist. 
 I am enjoying this very much.
If you haven't worked with the Shine line of yarn from KnitPicks, 
you need to find something to make with it!! 
 It has a wonderful sheen and great hand for knitting--it is cotton and tencel;  a great combination.
The back is done a bit differently than the pattern-I didn't want an X on my back
 but this gives a bit of interest.  
This could be boring but the fronts have a bit of patterning up  the edges
 so it gives just enough to keep me busy and orderly. 
 The pattern is intuitive so no need to keep track of a chart as I knit around-perfect!

7 comments:

  1. I wouldn't want an "X" on my back either. I like your solution.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!!! So much progress. It's looking great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've done so well so far. Great color.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That top down construction is how the Andi Satterland patterns (my cropped cardigans) I've knit are worked. I like it.
    I like you mod to the back - I prefer a V to and X

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like top down construction as well. You are seriously getting some sweater knitting in! Adult sweaters at that. I have finally managed to start working on a baby sweater and it barely feels manageable. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is going to be so pretty! Can't wait to see the finish.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

GLOWING WORK!

The two layer cake scrambled tops are finished!   The dimensions are 40 50".   I have the backing so they will be heading to the frame ...