Thursday, October 4, 2018

How Long Have I Been a Knitter?*

I made such a rookie mistake yesterday-I read work work k2, p2 ribbing and took off.
I didn't read the rest of the sentence or refer to the chart as instructed.
I had to rip out the whole thing;
56 stitches in the center front and back were in a different pattern.
I got this far on the remedy knitting.
I have been terribly sick and I am claiming illness for the lack of brain reasoning!
I hope to catch up today!

*I guess 50 years experience means nothing at times!!!!

7 comments:

  1. Hope you are feeling better soon.

    I think we ALL make rookie mistakes no matter how long we've been knitters (and for me it's going on 55 years).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would have called it a 'design alteration' myself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If it makes you feel any better I did the exact SAME thing!!! Lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. We were just talking about this yesterday in the crafting group - we all said these mistakes were common and a rite of passage that we learn and relearn from time to time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sometimes I think the more experienced the knitter the more epic the mistake.. I think part of it is, we are so experienced, we don't always read the pattern as thoroughly as we should, because we feel we already know what it "should" say.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I read K2 as K2tog!! It took way too long to figure that one out. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yup, I say blame it on sick-brain!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

A LITTLE OF THIS AND THAT

I finished the mug rugs;  6 of them in fact!  They are 5 x 5".  I am not a coffee or tea drinker but I do like hot chocolate~ I made an...