Wednesday, November 14, 2018

Splash!

 Another goal was reached when I added the multi-colored border to the Summer Blooms quilt.
Later in the day, I was able to load it on the frame and even work one row of the panto design. 
Birds and blooms matched the light whimsy of the quilt.
I did all the math to work the sleeves for the purple knit pullover;
I am now re-working every two rows for a k2, p2 rib. 
Since this knitting machine works stockinette with the purl side facing you,
I have to rip back a row of stitches and work them manually into knit stitches.
I am getting much more coordinated and speedy on this step with all the practice!
The interesting part of this is that I had to match the gauge 
to the rest of the sweater that I have knit by hand!
Then I have to attach it by grafting it to the live stitches on waste yarn--
the instructions call for picking up the stitches and knitting down to the cuff.
If you remember, that was not a lot of fun to do on the last sweater (brown cardigan, Invariance)
and I wanted to try this blending of hand knitting and machine knitting!!!
Here goes!
And this afternoon-the boys took which might be their last swim for a while!  
The boys say it can't be the last one!!!!

8 comments:

  1. That quilt is so much fun. The colors are just gorgeous! It makes me happy every time I see it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that border on that quilt! It matches the mood nicely. David will probably agree with the boys, so they can swim together. Tell Dad to keep the cover and the heating panels on for them! 😂

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwww....the kiddos look so happy in the water. Surely there might be just ONE more swim after this one (or two, or three). LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. The border is great! Your sweater knitting / machine knitting sounds so confusing to me (and I love math!!). Well, it is almost Noon here and it has yet to hit 40 degrees...your pool looks so inviting.....

    ReplyDelete
  5. The pantograph is a good choice for the quilt. I think you've mastered the knitting machine - bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the quilt colors--so bright in these darker days!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I never thought of how you have to match human gauge to machine gauge . You are my only blog friend who uses a machine. it is very interesting

    ReplyDelete
  8. As I sit here in my fleece jacket over my long sleeve shirt I long for the type of weather where it might be my last swim for the year. LOL! Things are moving along in your studio!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

GLOWING WORK!

The two layer cake scrambled tops are finished!   The dimensions are 40 50".   I have the backing so they will be heading to the frame ...