Sunday, March 9, 2014

Toe-Up Socks

 I love to knit the toe up socks using Judy's magic loop cast on (no Kitchener!) with a short row heel.   I can make a a sock in a couple of days of evening knitting.
 One of the complaints I hear is the bind off is too tight so that the sock isn't easy to pull on and off.  The way to make a perfect bind off every time is to bind off with a large needle.  I knit the socks with a US2 needle and bind off with a US8.  I use the cable needle because it is short and I am working on only two stitches at a time, right?!
 This bind off will fit over every foot, every time.
Nothing like the pleasure of a pair of plain socks!  Go cast on a pair today!

4 comments:

  1. "Attempt at making socks" #2 is definitely on my bucket list! Hoping that a few more years of maturity will do the trick for me and I will be in love this time! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never tried toeups. I even have the yarn here for a pair. This summer. Maybe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I use Jeni's super-stretchy bind-off (from Knitty) for toe up socks. At the moment, there's little time for knitting or sewing or any other crafty activity...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

GLOWING WORK!

The two layer cake scrambled tops are finished!   The dimensions are 40 50".   I have the backing so they will be heading to the frame ...