I had the idea of using up the remaining blue and beige strips from the log cabin triangles
so I made some rail fence and log cabin squares.
I will combine these and see how many I can get from this little pile for a lap quilt.
I have been spinning up the batts of Southdown I carded last week
and it has bugged me that there are so many nepps in the wool
so I dug out the combs (lethal weapons!) and combed strips off the batts to make some lovely top.
There was a Lot of waste-the short miserable bits that I didn't like spinning-
so I carded them up again to finish the bobbin I started.
And this will be spun on a new bobbin to compare how this will spin.
It was a good lesson in combing!
I enjoyed pulling the fiber off the combs into roving-very relaxing!
Then after lunch I headed out to take the grout residue off the tiles.
Not an easy job of it.
After two hours, I only had half of the job done.
The new grout has plastic in it because it just doesn't rub off like the old stuff.
What a work out!
I will definitely try a new technique on the other sides-
so much for following directions on the grout bucket!