Tuesday, November 21, 2017

Clear the Decks!

 The boys' room was emptied, cleaned and rearranged. 
 Bill did come in to offer assistance (muscle!) for getting the bed turned around.  
 Lena was quite interested in the work we were doing. 
  She dislikes the vacuum and the broom is not appreciated either. 
  As soon as they were put away, she came in for a visit!
When the furniture was settled and the walls ornamented, 
I covered the seat of this yard sale chair Bill had in the shed. 
 It is nice and soft and just right for a bedroom.  
The nightstands are out of storage, too,
 but one was in need of repair so I will see them by the end of the week.

I find hard work to be very therapeutic.  How about you?

10 comments:

  1. yes, I agree - but only if I have enough space to work properly! there's nothing worse than having no space to clear stuff out and fiddle around between too much furniture, boxes etc.:( unfortunately most of the time our weather isn't great for putting stuff outside - today we have drizzle all the way.... I find it interesting that you put the head of the bed in front of the window - I think I'd put it to one side so that I can look out of the window? too old to lie flat on my stomach:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely room. I would give anything to have one room, just one so uncluttered and inviting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I try to keep my guest room clear of clutter, but it doesn't happen.

    The chair looks great with a new cushion.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks great. And, like others, I'm envious of the lack of clutter. Great job on the chair too!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done getting things all sorted out. It must feel great to get things back in place.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I sleep very well after a good hard job done well!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You already know that I got that gene from you— chocolate and a good decluttering or scrubbing job makes me feel much better than a day spent crying or napping! :) Room looks good. I see Bruce’s working spot!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree! There is such a sense of accomplishment on a hard job finished.

    Wishing you and Bill a very happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

A LITTLE OF THIS AND THAT

I finished the mug rugs;  6 of them in fact!  They are 5 x 5".  I am not a coffee or tea drinker but I do like hot chocolate~ I made an...