Thursday, November 16, 2017

Studio Called

 Orange blocks cut out and one sewn for the LeMoyne Star quilt.  There are nine block of orange so one down!
I moved the rows over like this so I could use more room on the design wall.  I only need some grey blocks when I finish the orange and then I can begin to think about organizing their layout! 
 I needed room so I could lay the log cabin triangles out  to get a feel for how the colors would play to give me a pleasing pinwheel secondary pattern.  This is only a test so I can figure out the size and rows, etc;  I think I need 10 more blocks at least and I think I will make it with the reds being in shortest supply!  I have a back up plan , though! lol
Here's a cute project I came across from Emblibrary.com if you have a machine that embroiders, too.
These are made of felt-I will make a bunch for the grands....

7 comments:

  1. The embroidered pencil puppets/props are clever and cute. The moustache would be a lot of fun.

    Your studio machine has been humming - lots of pretty blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think any child would love those pencil toppers. and we have to encourage the old skill of penmanship and writing!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those pencil toppers are adorable!!! I love the little fox.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the pencil toppers! You have been busy, busy, busy. Pretty squares...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, those pencil toppers! I can just see the kiddos going crazy over those!

    ReplyDelete
  6. There is something so pleasing about that vertical stack of star blocks!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

ALMOST A TOP!

  I have all of the pieces blocks finished  and the borders are cut but nothing is sewn to its neighbor yet  but that is on the schedule for...